The Pakettikauppa contract allows you to only send LQ shipments (Limited Quantity of dangerous goods)
LQ shipments are delivered by Posti and Matkahuolto. Read the regulations of logistics companies:
As the sender, you are responsible for packing and labelling your shipments in accordance with the regulations as well as for the accuracy of the transport information you have provided to the logistics company. You shall also be responsible for any damages you cause by acting in violation of the terms and conditions. Acting in violation of the law or the terms and conditions can lead to the discontinuation of service and rescission of the contract.
Always note the sender’s responsibility when sending materials or objects classified as dangerous. The sender is responsible for ensuring that the materials and items are classified, packaged and labelled correctly and that they have the required documentation under current legislation on the transport of dangerous goods.
The contents of items are subject to the following restrictions:
- Content not fit to fly
- Completely banned: dangerous goods
- Other prohibited substances and items
- Country-specific restrictions
Airlines may restrict the contents of items on flights for security reasons. Domestic items can, if necessary, be transported by land, but the promised delivery times for the items can not be guaranteed.
Fully prohibited substances and items:
The items listed below are either completely prohibited or have restrictions on their transport, and their delivery must be agreed separately with Posti.
- Currency, securities, traveler’s checks, platinum, gold and silver (manufactured or not), precious stones, jewelry and other valuable articles (only as an insured letter to the allowed countries).
- Narcotics, such as LSD, morphine, cocaine, cannabis products or opium (permitted for medical or other scientific use).
- Counterfeit and pirated products
- Live or dead animals (only bees, leeches and silkworms can be sent). Additionally, in international letter traffic, flies of the family Drosophilidae (fruit flies) can be transported between officially recognized research institutes for the purpose of biomedical research.
- Perishable food items
- Living plants
- Objects and substances the possession or use of which is prohibited by law.
Dangerous goods are goods that, due to their explosive, flammable or radiating nature, toxicity, corrosiveness or other characteristics, may cause damage to people, property or the environment. The transport of dangerous goods is governed by international regulations and national law.
For more information, please contact our customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org